Saturday, July 24, 2010

Snapshots.

Here are a few snapshots of the past week or so of my life.


Me, in front of La Casa Amarilla (The Yellow House)-where I live.
My sponsor child gave me the top of this traditional dress-called a guipil (say: wee-peel) and the skirt is called a corte. Julie Sawatsky, one of the girls who lives in my house with me, lent me the corte.
I wore this to church last Sunday and my sponsor family was absolutely thrilled. I was actually able to sit with them during the service and worship with them. What an incredible privilege.



This is Selvin. He comes and visits me every time we work at Chijacorral.
I practice my Spanish with him and he practices his English with me.
He blesses my heart.










And yes, he wears TOMS. Someone donated shoes for ALL the kids in all the Impact schools.
And they were TOMS.











That's all for now.
Much love.

3 comments:

  1. I love his shoes! You are too cute. Give Audy a hug from me. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress makes you look very Guatemalan - ou like you are fitting in well. love Dad and Matthew

    Hi hope you aren't missing me Matthew

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sister: Haha-they're great hey? Aww thanks! I will. I have seen her twice now:)
    Padre & Brostar: thanks guys! I am trying:D Love you guys.
    Haha-I AM missing you brostar! I can't help it!

    ReplyDelete