Friday, July 23, 2010

Life.

Hello dear ones.

I apologize if some of this is a bit jumbled. It is late and I am tired, but I really wanted to update you all.

I have been in Guatemala for just under 2 weeks-hard to believe hey? It's pretty crazy. It has gone by so quickly, but it also feels like I have been here for a long time.

I am so enjoying the work I am doing here. I feel so privileged to be working with Impact Ministries and meeting so many different people who also believe in what Impact is doing.

This past week has been very busy (it's always busy here...).
We continued to work with the team from Duvall and we had an absolute blast with them. They were such a blessing to us as a ministry as well as to me personally. I'm just going to give a brief overview of our last week. We took the team on home visits, went to the hospital in Coban, played soccer with some of the teachers from one of the Impact schools and travelled to Antigua and Guatemala city.
On Tuesday morning we left Tactic for Antigua where we take each team to do some touristy things. We had a great time there visiting ruins, going to the market and enjoying Antigua. I will post pictures soon.

While in Antigua, I had the privilege of visiting a dear friend of mine-Naomi Heye! She lived in Kamloops most of her life and is also an alum of Kamloops Christian School. We have known each other since I was very little and she is very special to me. She is working in a children's home about 3o minutes outside of Antigua and she drove in to Antigua to see me! It was so lovely. We went for crepes at this fantastic place in Antigua and had a chance to visit for the first time in over a year (I think it's been a year...or maybe more...I struggle to keep track of time...)! I am very grateful I got to spend time with her.

On Thursday morning we drove the Duvall team to Guatemala city where they flew back to Duvall. Me, along with Karren and Rocky Chupa, Arryn Bauder and Eric Valiante (he is a Guatemalan who does a great deal of work for Impact), then took the afternoon off just relaxing and spending time together. It was really great. After we ate dinner we had to go to the airport to pick up the next team. This team is from a church in Charlie Lake- they refer to it as a sort of suburb of Fort St. John (BC). This morning we toured the capital a bit and then drove back to Tactic.

I have such a neat job here. I get to work with short-term teams from all over North America and facilitate them as they serve Impact Ministries. It is so so interesting to see how different every team is. I am gleaning so much from watching teams and how they interact and the positives and negatives of every team structure.
I love that I can meet new, interesting and exciting people and spend 10 days with them, growing alongside them. I find it absolutely incredible that these teams accept me, love me, trust me and bless me in so many ways. I feel so honoured.
I am learning a great deal here and I am so grateful that God brought me here to serve with Impact Ministries.

I covet your prayers as I know I can only serve by God's strength-not mine.

Please pray:
-For continued energy, strength, patience and love for me
-That I would be able to connect with this new team and love on them and serve them as they so need
-That I would discipline myself to set aside time for just me and God
-For wisdom and courage in all my interactions-I want to be a blessing to all that I encounter

Thank you all so much for your support. You are so dear to me.
I would love to hear from you so comment on this or e-mail me-I would love to share with you more of what God is doing in me and I would LOVE to hear what God is doing in your life.

Much love,
Michelle
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment